Friday, August 14, 2009

My Little Man....

Brogan the day he was born

Brogan is going away this weekend with his Dad. They are heading down to the Ranch for his Dad's birthday...I, on the other hand is staying home. I have to work all weekend and I have made plans with some friends to go to this HUGE consignment sale here in town so....What am I going to do? Sleep? Homework? Clean? Read? Blog? Shop in peace? Lord, I could name about a million things I want to do without my 2yr old attached to my hip! I'm going to be honest, I'm struggling with him being gone. I have spent the last 798 days with him (I added it up)!!! I have NEVER left him overnight! He has only been left with a babysitter a hanful of times. I don't trust alot of people to watch him, our parents dont live close and I've been lucky in enough that my girlfriends have watched him when needed! Is that sad, yes...Cause it's been a LONG time since Allan and I have had a "date" night. I think it is starting to take a toll on our relationship. Since I started school, we pass each other at the door 4 days a week, literally! I have been working alot lately, which I'm very grateful for and homework takes up alot of time too! So, I think I'm going to start branching out and seeing if I can find a high school girl or a college girl that could babysit for us! I tell my brother and sister-n-law ALL THE TIME, how lucky they are to have Mom and Dad 2 BLOCKS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very jealous of that!



So, this weekend is going to be a test on me emotionally and mentally! I know that he will be fine with Allan and his Grandma and Papa but, still its hard....Guess it's part of letting go a little....I know one day, I will be putting him on a plane to stay weeks or the summer with my parents...but, I know I have a little time before that happens!!!! My Dad tried to get that to happen this summer...:):)

No comments: