Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We had a full fun weekend with friends!  Lots of food, drinks, sun, some cowboys, lots of fireworks and laughs!
As I get older, this holiday means a lot more to me!  Not only is it my birthday, it's a day where we celebrate our Freedom! We spent Friday and Saturday night at the Eugene Rodeo. Friday night it was just us girls and Saturday it was all of us and the kids. Right before the activities would start, the announcer would give this little speech about freedom and if you ever see a Soldier to thank them...then they play the National Anthem!  This year both nights, I cried like a baby! Very emotional for me.  As I stood there with some of my best friends and our children, it hit me hard...We are VERY lucky to live in this country! 

Hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July!

No comments: